Wednesday 12 October 2016

Ann's Top 5 Inaccurate Book Covers

Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly feature and you can find their goodreads group here.


1) Frankenstein by Mary Shelley 

I can't say I have read this book but I know that this cover is definitely inaccurate, and weird!

2) Dorothy And The Wizard Of Oz
I can say that I definitely know that Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz has nothing to do with mars and aircrafts. This is definitely a very inaccurate book cover.

3) Princess Bride by William Goldman
Image result for the princess bride bad cover
Clare found this cover for me (laughing hysterically) and I am not sure what I can say about this cover, not only is it inaccurate but every time I look at it I spot something new. 

4) Harry Potter by J.K Rowling
Image result for finnish harry potter covers
I love how inaccurate this cover is, I mean Professor Umbridge is now a weird goblin creature, and Ron looks like an exact clone of Harry. Also what is going on with the man dangling from the tree in the background! And why are they wearing Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff mash-up scarves?

5) The Twilight Sage by Stephenie Meyer 
I haven't read these books yet, I have only watched the films, but I'm not sure what an apple, a rose, some ribbon and a chess piece has to do with a book about vampires so I am pretty sure these are inaccurate book covers!

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading.

6 comments:

  1. WOW! You found some priceless gems there!!! Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I was struggling to find any so Clare helped!

      Delete
  2. Haha! What is up with Frankenstein? That is some hilariously inept artwork choice.
    Rebecca @ The Portsmouth Review
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they all made me laugh so much! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. That Frankenstein one- looks like a high fantasy! And that Princess Bride one- yikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favourite one is the Princess Bride because it is just so funny! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete