Wednesday 15 June 2016

Wednesday Catch-Up 15th June

Every Wednesday we are linking up with WWW Wednesday. WWW Wednesday is hosted at Taking on a World of Words and asks 3 questions: What are you currently reading?, What did you recently finish reading? What do you think you'll read next?

Clare:

Currently Reading:
Love, Come to MeRebel of the Sands (Rebel of the Sands, #1)Framley Parsonage (Chronicles of Barsetshire #4)
I am currently reading Love, Come to Me by Lisa Kleypas. As you'll see by my recently finished books - I have been in a bit of a regency mood lately. I am also reading Rebel of the Sands which is the book of the month for one of my Goodreads groups and Framley Parsonage which is my Classic for June.

Recently Finished:
Omens (The Cainsville Trilogy)At First SightThe Fixer (The Fixer, #1)The Conspiracy of Us (The Conspiracy of Us, #1)Struck (Struck, #1)Shaken (Struck, #3)Imprudence (The Custard Protocol, #2)A School for Unusual Girls (Stranje House, #1)Potent Pleasures (Pleasures Trilogy)Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures Trilogy)Enchanting Pleasures (Pleasures #3)A Wallflower Christmas (Wallflowers, #5)Somewhere I'll Find You (Capital Theatre, #1)Because You're Mine (Capital Theatre, #2)Stranger in My Arms
Where Dreams BeginSuddenly YouWhat the Duke Desires  (The Duke's Men, #1)When the Rogue Returns (The Duke's Men, #2)How the Scoundrel Seduces (The Duke's Men, #3)
I found Omens a tiny bit disappointing, it was an interesting read with a great pair of main characters but I wasn't as absorbed as I usually am with an Armstrong book. I then read At First Sight which also let me down a little bit. I found the romance to be way, way too insta-love (which sometimes works but didn't here) and the characters a bit annoying. The Fixer was a great read, all the characters were very strong and three dimensional and the plot was interesting, though there were some obvious twists. And then I finally read The Conspiracy of Us which was a light and fun read though fairly unbelievable and the romance was definitely not my thing, one of those "love triangles" where I root for the wrong guy - always frustrating. I then read Struck and Shaken by Joss Stirling which were both quick, fun reads. I then read Imprudence my review of which will be up tomorrow. I loved this book, it was a really great, fun read - I laughed, I blushed I even almost cried. And then I read A School for Unusual Girls which was another fun, quick read, I loved the characters and the plot was interesting and it was a great romance. I then read the Pleasures trilogy by Eloisa James, this wasn't as good as some of her later books but they were still fun and engaging reads that I flew through. A Wallflower Christmas was a great read which I very much enjoyed - I love the Wallflower series so it was good to revisit it. 

Planning to Read Next:
If the Viscount Falls (The Duke's Men, #4)A Night to Surrender (Spindle Cove, #1)A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove, #2)
Even more regency romance in my future! I am waiting for If the Viscount Falls to arrive (anything not ordered with Amazon Prime seems to take forever) so I can complete the series. I am then going to try a new-to-me author Tessa Dare who I have heard great things about. 

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

2 comments:

  1. I hope Tessa Dare lives up to your expectations. Happy reading and thanks for participating in WWW Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete