I don't generally make resolutions but I have a lot of things I want to achieve in 2017 and it makes sense to me to have a set of goals I can check off!
- Goodreads Challenge 390 books: This year I just about missed my goal of 360 books. 390 seems like a lot but before 2016 I was hitting 400 so I know it's achievable! I am not going to be too strict with myself on this one and I will re-evaluate it in the year if it becomes stressful!
- Book Buying Ban: I have a real book buying problem so I am officially putting myself on a ban. With a couple of allowances. Any book I already have pre-ordered I will leave so I will still be getting books but it won't be a lot. There is another exception which I will get to now.
- Go to YALC: This takes place in London in July and I've been wanting to go for a couple of years. I am pretty sure I will be able to go to this (along with Ann and my brother) and I am very excited for it! This will be a break in my book buying ban although I will still be aiming for restraint - though probably not hitting it!!
- Read a Classic a Month: This is something I used to do but didn't manage at all in 2016! I have quite a few unread Classics on my shelf and even more on my wishlist so I'd love to read one a month and get through some of them!
- Read the Books I Already Own: I finally compiled a list of my unread books and (not including review books) I have 222 to get through which is a silly amount! I definitely need to read these as many of them have been on my shelf for well over a year!