Monday 3 August 2015

Clare: 7 Deadly Sins Tag

I was tagged by Ann to do this and you can find her post here it looked like a lot of fun and I always love doing tags so I thought I'd give this one a go.

1) Greed: What is your most expensive book? What is your most inexpensive book?
The Green Fairy Book book
This was quite a difficult one. The most expensive book I own (though it was bought for me by my Mum - Thank You Mum!) is The Green Fairy Book, Folio Society edition. It is honestly so so beautiful. But the most expensive book I've bought for myself was my illustrated edition of The Princess Bride which I bought myself for my birthday this year and I am kinda in love with it. My most inexpensive book (discounting free books) was Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell. I got a really beat up edition for 10p when I was on work experience, which was basically the best two weeks of my life - so it holds fond memories.

2) Wrath: What author do you have a love/hate relationship with?
I read The Magicians Guild years and years ago and loved it, I liked the sequel trilogy and the prequel, I felt kind of meh about her Age of the Five trilogy (although I know a lot of people prefer t to the Black Magician trilogy) and then I couldn't even get through Thief's Magic. I will keep reading what she writes but its strange to go from probably one of my all time favourite fantasies - to something I barely read half of.

3) Gluttony: What book have you devoured over and over with no shame?
Well the obvious answer is Harry Potter but I'm trying to avoid that because I don't want to get boring. But Jane Eyre - my copy fell apart I've read it through so many times. The whole scene under the tree is just amazing! I seriously love this book.

4) Sloth: What book have you neglected reading due to laziness?
War and Peace is 1024 pages and Anna Karenina is 848. I don't even know what my problem is! I read Les Mis and you'd think nothing would be too long after that but somehow these just feel so much more daunting. 

5) Pride: What book do you talk about most in order to sound like an intellectual reader?
Neither of these are actual novels, Measure for Measure is my favourite Shakespeare play and John Donne is my favourite poet. We studied them both in my second year of college so I know a stupid number of facts and can talk really intelligently about them but mostly - Measure for Measure is really funny and John Donne is just brilliant.

6) Lust: What attributes do you find attractive in male/female characters?
Badassery, Confidence, Sarcasm, Respect for their loved ones

7) Envy: What book would you most like to receive as a gift?
Pretty much any Folio Society book but especially any of the Andrew Lang fairy tale books. I am obsessed with fairy tales and these editions are just so, so gorgeous.

So I think the main thing we've learned here is that I am pretty much incapable of just picking one thing! I tag anyone who wants to have a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment