Tuesday 7 July 2015

Top Ten Hyped Books We've Never Read

Top Ten Tuesday is an original meme/feature started at The Broke and the Bookish and you can find their post here. There are honestly so many books that have been hyped that we've never read. Some because of the hype, some just because we haven't quite got around to it. Or because we're waiting for the series to be complete.

Ann's Picks:


1. Life of Pi by Yann Martel
2. Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
3. Looking for Alaska by John Green
4. Eragon by Christopher Paolini
5. Matched by Allie Condie

Clare's Picks


6. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn - I fully meant to read this. And then the film came out. And then someone ruined the ending for me. And now I'm just not sure.
7. Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin - I did something I almost never do. I watched the show before reading the books. And now its just become this thing with me that I think I'd get really confused by differing plot lines. But I will hopefully get to this soon.
8. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin - I actually really wanted to read this, but then I read some rather negative reviews and it kind of soured me.
9. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard - I really need to read this. I haven't got my hopes too high but I am fairly sure I will enjoy this one.
10. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas - I pre-ordered this. I was so excited. And then I got intimidated by the hype and I wasn't in a fantasy mood so I put it off. And now it just stares at me accusingly from my TBR pile. I will be reading it really soon though. Definitely this summer. I just need to hype myself back up.


Honourable mentions to All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven (from Ann) and Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins (from Clare) and The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson (also Clare).

No comments:

Post a Comment