Tuesday 28 July 2015

Mid Year Book Freak Out Tag 2015

This tag was created by ReadLikeWildFire and Ely Jayne and it is essentially a look back at what we've read so far this year and what we have yet to read!

1) Best Book You've Read So Far This Year
Ann: I have to say Girl Online by Zoe Sugg
Clare: The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh seriously blew me away. I can hardly wait for the next book!

2) Best Sequel You've Read So Far This Year
Ann: Mine would be Path Finders by Angie Sage, I just loved the Magyk series and love the sequel just as much.
Clare: I feel a little like I'm cheating since it's more of a companion series than an actual series but Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge was spectacular.

3) New Release You Haven't Read Yet But Want To
Ann: The Isle of the Lost by Melissa de la Cruz
Clare: An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir. Its been intimidating me, I am so excited but also so nervous for this book.

4) Most Anticipated Release For the Second Half of the Year
Ann: My most anticipated release is Girl Online 2 by Zoe Sugg
Clare: Mine is Carry On by Rainbow Rowell. I am so beyond excited for this book.

5) Biggest Disappointment
Ann: Suspicion by Alexandra Monir
Clare: The Gathering Storm by Robin Bridges. The covers are so pretty, its set in Russia and involves necromancy. But in reality she raises about two people from the dead in all three books and nothing much ever seems to happen. Very disappointing.

6) Biggest Surprise
Ann: The Program by Suzanne Young
Clare: The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle. I pre-ordered this almost entirely based off the cover but I wasn't expecting more than a fun, light read and then it came out of nowhere and impressed me so, so much.

7) Favourite New Author (Debut/New to You)
Ann: My favourite new author is John Green because those of his books I have read I have LOVED.
Clare: I'm cheating again and choosing two - Mila Gray who is not necessarily a debut author since she has written previous books under Sarah Alderson but she is definitely new to me, her book Come Back to Me was so wonderful. And also Alice Oseman who wrote Solitaire and is a debut author. Solitaire is incredible and I highly recommend it.

8) Newest Fictional Crush
Ann: My new fictional crush is James from The Program by Suzanne Young because he was so protective of those he cared about just like me.
Clare: More cheating. Wow. Both leads from Tainted Angel by Anne Cleeland: Vida Swanson and  Lucien Carstairs, I have a lot of love for the leads from the companion/sequel as well but these two were so tough but mysterious but vulnerable. Huge crushes all round.

9) Newest Favourite Character
Ann: My newest favourite character is Sloane from The Program by Suzanne Young because she fights back and refuses to go along with the program.
Clare: Mine has to be Sophia from Rook by Sharon Cameron. Whilst I loved Rene as well, it was Sophia who was my favourite. She was so kickass and caring and self sacrificing and just so interesting to read about.

10) Book That Made You Cry
Ann: I mainly read happy books and I never really cry whilst reading so I don't have anything for this.
Clare: I...cry at everything. But All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven had me full on gross sobbing. So I guess I choose that one.

11) Book That Made You Happy
Ann: Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
Clare: Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli, I literally just read this last week and I was smiling non stop for ages after the last page.

12) Favourite Book to Film Adaptation this Year
Ann: I haven't seen any adaptations this year although I do hope to see Paper Towns soon.
Clare: This is a tough one because all the ones I know will be my favourites (Mockingjay, Paper Towns etc.) I haven't seen yet but I really loved Love Rosie which was based off Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern - which was the first of her books I ever read.

13) Favourite Post This Year
Ann: My review of Girl Online which you can find here.
Clare: I've seen some blogs put this as 'post' and some specifically as 'review' so my favourite general post to do was the Bookish Identity Tag (here) because me and Ann picked answers for each other and that was just really fun, but my favourite review was Daughter of Deep Silence/I Am Her Revenge (here) because it was so interesting comparing them.

14) Most Beautiful Book You've Bought (Or Received) This Year
Ann: Clare got me a colouring book (she's obsessed) and the drawings are beautiful.
Clare: Mine has to be Made You Up by Francesca Zappia. I'll put a picture below to show you how gorgeous and I can promise its even better in real life. It's next on my reading list and I am so excited for it.
Made You Up front
Made You Up back















15) What Books Do You Need to Read by the End of the Year
Ann: I pick all my reading books out of my TBR jar so I never know what I'm going to be reading next! But I will definitely be reading the Girl Online sequel!
Clare: I definitely need to focus on finishing series, for example the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer and catching up on the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas. Other than that I'll see where I go.


So that's our Mid Year Book Freak Out - let us know if you've read any of these books and what you thought of them and tell us what your answers to any of these questions would be! Hope you're having a wonderful summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment