Monday 29 June 2015

Haul 22nd June 2015 - 28th June 2015

So I have a fairly enormous haul this week. Although in my defense most of it is from the bargain section of Amazon (I'm talking like one to two pounds) and the rest I got on a day out with my brother because I had a Waterstones gift card!


Amazon Bargains:




It Felt Like a Kiss by Sarra Manning: I've read a couple of her books before and this sounded quite good. She is usually fairly funny.
The Vintage Girl by Hester Browne: I have already read this and gave it 3 stars. It was good and had some funny moments but I wasn't that invested in the characters.
Single Woman Seeks Revenge by Tracy Bloom: As I have probably mentioned before I love revenge. This was hilarious and I seriously enjoyed it.
The Dish by Stella Newman: This is about a woman who meets a man who may be perfect except she is a food reviewer and he is a chef so she decides to lie about her job, this sounds like the set up for a lot of hilarity.
Return Engagement by Lynn Michaels: This is a it-just-sounded-cute book.
Always a Bridesmaid by Lindsey Kelk: I loved her I Heart Series and the About a Girl series (which is as yet unfinished).
Recipe for Love by Katie Fforde: I have read all her books and this is probably my favourite so far. Not perfect but a very good read.
Wedding Season by Katie Fforde: Not my favourite of her books. For young characters they have very old fashioned views a lot of the time which can be frustrating. Not to mention they talk like they are middle aged.
A Vintage Wedding by Katie Fforde: I was a bit dubious because this sounded like Wedding Season, but it was actually a lot better. I really liked all the main characters.
The Vintage Guide to Love and Romance by Kirsty Greenwood: I love vintage things and this book about a grandmother and her granddaughter writing an advice book together sounds intriguing.
The Year I Met You by Cecelia Ahern: Cecelia Ahern is a confusing author for me. I generally adore her books but occasionally she will write something I am unable to finish. I have just started this one so fingers crossed I love it.
Paper Towns by John Green: I love this book so I got the movie cover in honour of the film which I cannot wait to see with Ann!

Waterstones Gift Card Buys:


Made You Up by Francesca Zappia: I so nearly pre-ordered this one and then changed my mind, I can't remember why, but I love the cover and the concept.
Lying Out Loud by Kody Keplinger: I loved The DUFF and her other books. I actually had it pre-ordered but Waterstones had it out before the release date so I got it.
Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen: I really like Sarah Dessen's books and this one sounds like on I will enjoy.
Endgame The Calling by James Frey and Nils Johnson-Shelton: This one has been drawing me in for a while and in my gift card confidence I bought it. Plus the blurb mentioned a puzzle in the book and that sounds like a challenge.
The Awesome by Eva Darrows: This one just sounds hilarious and a kick-butt heroine is something I will never say no to.

No comments:

Post a Comment