Friday 22 July 2016

Friday Reads 22nd July 2016

Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice and Book Beginnings is hosted by Rose City Reader. The idea is to share a sentence or so from the first page and the 56th page of the book you are currently reading! 


Suddenly Last Summer (Snow Crystal trilogy, Book 2)
Book Beginning:
"Phone call for you, Dr O'Neil. She says it's an emergency."
Friday 56:
"Pascal hadn't killed her belief in love. You only had to look at Walter and Alice or Jackson and Kayla to know love existed. No, he'd killed her belief in herself."
I loved the first book in the series (Sleigh Bells in the Snow) so I am expecting great things from this one. I am only about 70 pages in so far but I love Elise, although I think Sean may be a character that has to grow on me. 

 You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

8 comments:

  1. I really like the beginning and the 56 for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a really sweet, heartbreaking book. I hope it is lovely. Thanks for dropping by my blog!

    My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing worse than losing your sense of self. Sounds like an emotional read! They can often be really good though. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the summery cover, I don't read romances but the bright cheery covers always get my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so true! Love the excerpts. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teasers - I really liked the 56 - here's my Friday meme

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's terrible to no loger believe in yourself! Hopefully by the end of the novel she'll find herself once again. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the movie of the same name in my mind - I'm going to guess and say it's nothing like that though... :D

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete