Wednesday 13 April 2016

Wednesday Catch-Up 13th April 2016

Every Wednesday we are linking up with WWW Wednesday. WWW Wednesday is hosted at Taking on a World of Words and asks 3 questions: What are you currently reading?, What did you recently finish reading? What do you think you'll read next? 

Clare:

Currently Reading:
The Lie and the Lady (Winner Takes All, #2)Barchester Towers
I am currently about halfway through The Lie and the Lady by Kate Noble which I received for review from Headline eternal, I am really enjoying it so far. It is the second book in a series and I have never read the first but I don't feel lost at all and there is enough background information for me to gather what happened in the first. I have fallen behind in reading Barchester Towers because I didn't take it on holiday with me last week (just not enough room in my suitcase!) but I am enjoying it so far so I don't think I will struggle to get caught up at all!

Recently Finished:
Spy's Honor (Hearts and Thrones, #2)Prince's Fire (Hearts and Thrones, #3)The Vatican PrincessBecause of Miss Bridgerton (Rokesbys & Bridgertons, #1)
The first books I finished since my last post were Spy's Honor and Prince's Fire by Amy Raby. I didn't think they were as good as the first book in the series but they were fun, quick reads and if they sound like they intrigue you then you'd probably enjoy them. I then read The Vatican Princess by C.W. Gortner which I actually read in Rome which was amazing! I received this for review from Hodder & Stoughton and I was blown away by how much I loved it. I will be posting a full review for this tomorrow. And then I flew through Because of Miss Bridgerton by Julia Quinn. It wasn't my favourite book by her but I did think it was funny and romantic which was all I really wanted at the time. 

Planning to Read Next:
The Silvered HeartLost Among the LivingThe Murder on the Links (Hercule Poirot, #2)
The next book I am planning to read is The Silvered Heart by Katherine Clements which I received from headline. The whole highwaywoman concept appeals to me on so many levels so I have high hopes for this. I am then very, very excited for Lost Among the Living as Simone St. James has quickly become one of my favourite authors. And then I am planning to read some Agatha Christie books, starting with The Murder on the Links which should be a nice, quick read. 


You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

8 comments:

  1. I only started reading Christie books last year and have only read 2 so far, but they've both been quick and very enjoyable reads. They've both been Poirot stories too, so next time I'm planning to switch to a Miss Marple :-)

    Here's my WWW: https://clairehuston.wordpress.com/2016/04/13/www-wednesday-13th-april-2016/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the ones I've read have been Poirot ones as well! I am planning to switch it up soon although not sure which one to go for!

      Delete
  2. I love the cover of Lost Among the Living but I haven't read any of these. However, they all look great and I hope you enjoy/enjoyed them all. Thanks for sharing!

    My WWW

    Laura :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I will enjoy them! I love all Simone St. James covers but this is probably the best one so far.

      Delete
  3. LOVE Murder on the Links. A huge Christie fan from way back, I've reread it a few times over the years and it's still fun (or more so) even when you know what's coming.
    Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen all of Poirot the TV Series so I pretty much know all the plot lines but the books are still so much fun I agree!

      Delete
  4. Reading 'The Vatican Princess' in Rome sounds awesome! Were you able to visit the same places as the character? Happy reading and thanks for participating in WWW Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately not because we were in Rome for only 2 days but we did get to some of the same places - just not her home which I would have loved! We spent most of our time in Venice!

      Delete