Monday 18 January 2016

Sunday Post 17th January 2016

The Sunday Post STSmall_thumb[2]
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted at Caffeinated Book Reviewer, it's a chance to post a recap on the past week, show the books we have received and share what we plan for the coming week. Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Showcase Sunday is hosted by Books, Biscuits and Tea and the aim is to show our newest books and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops or downloaded on to their e-reader. As always you can click on any of the pictures to be taken to the Goodreads page for that book if you're interested in finding out more about it.

We haven't been as active as usual on the blog the last couple of weeks and this week especially and we are sorry about that, there are a lot of things going on in our lives that our making it hard to find time to post and even to read so we may be a little bit absent for a little while but we should definitely be back to normal in February so please bear with us!


Books We Got This Week:
The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)The City of the LostTruthwitch (The Witchlands, #1)The Lady's Command (The Adventurers Quartet, #1)
Dirt on Ninth Grave by Darynda Jones: I really enjoy this series and I am hoping this one is as good as I expect!
City of the Lost by Kelley Armstrong: I love Kelley Armstrong's books and this one sounds great so I have high hopes.
Truthwitch by Susan Dennard: I've heard kind of mixed things about this but I did love her other series so I am keeping up my hopes. Plus it sounds a little bit like Graceling by Kristin Cashore which I love.
The Lady's Command by Stephanie Laurens: Stephanie Laurens is my guilty pleasure author and I will almost definitely enjoy this.




Reading Update:
Ann: I haven't read anything again this week.

Clare:
Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles, #1)Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta: 3 stars, I definitely want to re-read this one because I think I just wasn't in the right mood for it at the moment and that I would enjoy it a lot more another time.
Eighth Grave After Dark by Darynda Jones: 3 stars, Not my favourite of the series but still a fun installment and I look forward to the next one!


Classics Update:
A Tale of Two CitiesThe Count of Monte Cristo
Ann: I have read a few pages of this and am enjoying it.
Clare: I am making OK progress with this, it is looking like I won't finish it by the end of January though so I may have to extend it through February. However, I am really enjoying it!


You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

4 comments:

  1. There is soooo much hype surrounding Truthwitch, so I'm really interested to see your thoughts on it. I hope you have a great week!

    My Sunday post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard so many great things about Truthwitch but I've also heard some negative things so I am kinda nervous!

      Delete
  2. I'm interested in Truthwitch (in spite of the hype) but really curious to see some more reviews before I decide. I'll probably get it at some point...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have zero control over my book buying so if I'm interested in it I'll buy it first and worry about the reviews later! Which is why I had Truthwitch pre-ordered. So I am really hoping it's good!

      Delete