Wednesday 2 December 2015

Top 5 Audio Books

Top 5 Wednesdays are hosted by Ginger Reads Lainey and you can find the goodreads page here. Both Ann and I have only actually fully read one audiobook each. But I have started a few others which I am enjoying. And most of mine are auto-biographies since I tend to find them easier to read when they are narrated by the person writing them.

1) Grace's Guide: The Art of Pretending to be a Grown Up by Grace Helbig
Grace's Guide: The Art of Pretending to Be a Grown-up
This is the only audio book I have currently finished and I really loved it. I read it whilst also reading the physical copy and it worked really well.
2) Yes Please by Amy Poehler
Yes Please
Amy Poehler is one of those people I just love so listening to her narrate her own book is wonderful. I am about a third of the way th
3) You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost) by Felicia Day
You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost)
Again - I love Felicia Day. I have actually only just started this but am definitely enjoying it so far.
4) Binge by Tyler Oakley
Binge
I am reading this and the physical copy at the same time. So far I've read more from the physical copy than from the audio book but I am enjoying both kinds of reading.
5) The Red Necklace by Sally Gardner
The Red Necklace
Ann: This is the only one I have read so far and I loved it. It's narrated by Tom Hiddleston and it was just perfect.


You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

4 comments:

  1. I also feel that auto-biographies are easier to listen to.

    Here's my T5W: http://readingwithwrin.blogspot.com/2015/12/audiobooks-i-want-to-listen-to-t5w.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just struggle to get into them unless they are being read to me - whereas fiction I struggle to listen to! Thanks for visiting

      Delete
  2. It seems to be accepted wisdom that memoirs by comedians are so much more fun when listened to - I have yet to test this theory out for myself but hope to with Amy Poehler's Yes Please. :)

    Confession time: I recently downloaded The Red Necklace audiobook solely based on the fact Tom Hiddleston narrates it. Sorry/not sorry. Luckily I'm interested in stories about the French Revolution as well as Hiddleston's voice, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty sure that was the entire reason Ann downloaded it as well! Worked out well for her so I hope you enjoy it as well! I hope you enjoy Yes Please as well. I have enjoyed what I've heard so far! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete