Saturday 14 November 2015

Clare Reviews: Famous in Love by Rebecca Serle

Famous in LoveTitle: Famous in Love
Author: Rebecca Serle
Series: Famous in Love #1
Format: Paperback
Rating: 4/5
Blurb: When Paige Townsen, a young unknown, gets cast in the movie adaptation of a blockbuster book series, her life changes practically overnight. Within a month, Paige has traded the quiet streets of her hometown for a crowded movie set on the shores of Maui, and is spending quality time with her co-star Rainer Devon, one of People’s Sexiest Men Alive. But when troubled star Jordan Wilder lands the role of the other point in the movie’s famous love triangle, Paige’s crazy new life gets even crazier.
In this coming-of-age romance inspired by the kind of celeb hookups that get clever nicknames and a million page views, Paige must figure out who she is – and who she wants – while the whole world watches.





"And see, that's the thing I didn't understand. The thing no one tells you. That just because you find love doesn't mean it's yours to keep. Love never belongs to you. It belongs to the universe."

Since I read these back to back and therefore cannot separate them in my head this will be a review of both book 1 and book 2 (Truly, Madly, Famously) which I believe is the end of the series.

I actually got Famous in Love a while back on the strength of the fact that I've always enjoyed Rebecca Serle's writing in the past. She is one of those authors I think is so underrated. I then realised this was not a stand-alone and had to endure a wait for Truly, Madly, Famously to come out before I could finally read it. But the wait was worth it.

First of all the characters are amazing. The main character Paige goes through so much character growth over the course of the two books and even when she messed up I couldn't help supporting her. Seeing her new world through her eyes was so great because she still loves her old friends and her family but she is not willing to give up acting to go back to a simpler lifestyle. Then there is Jordan and Rainer (and the inevitable love triangle). 

I have said before I am not a fan of love triangles. And I'm not. In the general sense. But this one was really well done and although there were moments when I started to get fed up with the whole love triangle process the end more than made up for it. Which obviously, I can't spoil for you. But I thought, despite her not always perfect behaviour during the love triangle, Paige resolved it quite maturely and the guys were even better in the end. I will say that although I totally shipped Paige/Jordan the entire way through it was Paige and Rainer's romance/friendship that was the most interesting to me. 

Alicia is probably my favourite character of these books. Even though she only pops up in Truly, Madly, Famously. I really loved her growing friendship with Paige and she was such a wonderful, compelling character. I really wish she was getting her own series!

If you are always interested in girl-suddenly-famous books (which for some reason I am) then this is definitely a great series to read. Plus - this is being made into a TV show starring Bella Thorne (which sounds like they may change the plot a lot) so this may be the perfect time to read it.


You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

No comments:

Post a Comment