Monday 7 September 2015

Creatures of the Night Book Tag

This tag was created by Katytastic and you can find her video here. We're probably doing this a little too early - maybe we should have waited until October! But that Halloween feeling seems to already be in the air - and it looked like an interesting tag to do!

1) Vampire
My Love Lies Bleeding (Drake Chronicles, #1)Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1)
Ann: The Drake Chronicles which is a series I love and then recommended to my friend who also loved them.
Clare: Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. I don't honestly read a lot of vampire novels. I think my first one (or the first that I remember) was Twilight and then there was that sudden rush of vampire books which was kind of off-putting. But I love the Vampire Academy series, and the Bloodlines series.

2) Werewolf
The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1)Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1)
Ann: The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong. I loved this series it is amazing!!!
Clare: Bitten by Kelley Armstrong. I love the whole of this series (and now that I think about it I actually want to re-read it!) and it could probably provide the answer to almost every question - but since the series started with werewolves I thought I'd just apply it to this one. 

3) Zombie
The Gathering Storm (Katerina, #1)Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles, #1)
Ann: The Gathering Storm by Robin Bridges. I didn't really enjoy this book which is probably why Clare had to remind me that I had in fact read it and that it exists. But I don't really read zombie books.
Clare: Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter. I never seem to get on well with zombies. They've never particularly scared me, and in the absence of fear they don't hold much interest for me, so I haven't read a lot of zombie books. All I could remember was this one and Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick which I read about four years ago, and whilst I remember liking it I can't remember much else. Alice in Zombieland disappointed me with a complete lack of resemblance to Alice in Wonderland - and an overabundance of insta-love but I did like the zombie scenes and I will be continuing the series in October. 

4) Ghost
The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1)Haunting Violet (Haunting Violet, #1)
Ann: The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong, I really love this series. I could probably also apply it to Zombies but that seems like too much.
Clare: Haunting Violet by Alyxandra Harvey. Ghosts genuinely scare me, probably because I actually believe in them. I read this because I had read and enjoyed her Drake chronicles and the premise intrigued me and then found I enjoyed it far more than I expected. Violet herself was a great character and I loved her interactions with her mother as well as the ghost element. I do love ghost books - they are one of the few scary things I read, so I had a few I could have picked but this was the first that came to mind.

5) Witch/Warlock/Spellcaster
The Bane ChroniclesWitch Finder (Witch Finder, #1)
Ann: The Bane Chronicles, I love Magnus Bane.
Clare: Witch Finder by Ruth Warburton. This is the prequel to her Witch in Winter series - but I honestly enjoyed this one more than the main series (although both are good). I do like Spellcasters as a concept but I rarely like them in reality, I seem to be quite fussy about them.

6) Fairy/Fae
The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1)Wondrous Strange (Wondrous Strange, #1)
Ann: The Iron Fae series by Julie Kagawa. I love this series and have read every single one in it.
Clare: Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston. I couldn't in all honestly pick any other book than this. The descriptions of the Fae and the characters and the plot and the Shakespeare elements - I just loved it. Plus the covers look so pretty on my shelves.

7) Demon
City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy, #1)
Ann: The Mortal Instruments. This is one of my favourite series! I feel like I am cheating with putting this and The Bane Chronicles but I am going to go with it.
Clare: Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins. Technically the characters are half-demon but since their parents do make an appearance I think it counts. I didn't love these books but I did enjoy them and I read the whole series in about 2-3 days.

8) Angel
Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1)Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1)
Ann: Hush Hush which I really enjoyed and also recommended to one of my friends from school.
Clare: Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. The only "angel" book I haven't gotten frustrated with. Angels usually annoy me but I loved this series - I don't know why I held off on reading it for so long.

9) Alien
Obsidian (Lux, #1)
Ann: I haven't read any books with aliens it but I plan to soon because I love aliens.
Clare: Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout. OK, so this is (for now) the only alien book I have read - but that doesn't change the fact that I love this series and the characters and I'd probably be recommending it anyway!

10) Super-powered Human
Timebound (The Chronos Files, #1)Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)
Ann: Timebound by Rysa Walker. This is a new book that I got and I am loving it. Time travels seems like it would be a super-power.
Clare: Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. This is one of my favourite series of all time so it was a bit of a no-brainer for me. I love this series, I love Warner, I think I may do a re-read soon because I miss these characters!


You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) and on Twitter (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment